Puri is a pious destination situated along the coast of Bay of Bengal in the Indian state of Orissa. It’s credited with the world-famous Jagannath temple. Because of its religious significance & splendid sea-shore Puri is forever bustling with tourists from all over the world. Puri is one of the few places in Orissa offering a combo pack of pilgrimage and tourism. Puri tourist attractions are famous not only in India, but in abroad also. A Puri holiday package from reputed tour operators like OD Travel is worth considering as they are the people who specialized in this industry.
What to see in Puri?
- Shree Jagannath Temple: One of the 4 dhams, Shree Jagannath Temple is one of the most sacred pilgrimage places of Hindus. The shrine complex is massive & has some really fascinating stores associated.
- Shree Loknath Temple: Devoted to Lord Shiva, Shree Loknath Temple is believed the place where Lord Shiva veiled himself from Shani, beneath a pond. The Shiba linga here is submerged partially & the pond is flooded with fish.
- Mausima Temple – Located at the mid-way of the Bada Danda of Puri, the Mausi Maa Temple is a small shrine devoted to Goddess Ardhashini.
- Golden Beach of Puri – Situated at a distance of twenty kilometers from Puri, Golden Beach is an immaculate beach away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Covered in golden sand the beach is tailor-made for surfing & a dip.
Popular places near Puri you shouldn’t miss visiting:
- Chandrabhaga Sea Beach
- Puri Konark Marine Drive
- Alarnath Temple
- Raghuraj Pur which is known for traditional, cloth-based scroll painting
- Sun Temple of Konark
Where to stay in Puri?
Puri is no short of both luxury and affordable hotels for its tourists. Some of the well-known hotels you can choose during your Jagannath Puri Tour include:
- Asian Inn Beach Resort, New Marine Drive Road, Swargadwar
- Balananda Tirthasram & Restaurant, Sea Beach Rd
- Gochikar House, New Marine Drive Road
- Hotel Sairam , CT Rd
- Krishna Resorts (Chakratirth Road)
- Hotel Vijoya International (On the sea shore in Chakra Tirtha)
- Hotel Pushpa, Gopal Ballav Road, Sea Beach
- Toshali Sands Resort and Hotel
- Railway Hotel, Puri Railway Station
- Shree Vishnu Darshan Holiday Home, Marchikote Chowk, Grand Rd
To know more about our Puri Holiday Packages, feel free to contact OD Travels right now. We are a ready to put on a Puri sightseeing package keeping your budget and exact travel purpose in mind.